The Good Samaritan Program, founded in 1987, provides assistance to the people in need of our community 365 days of the year. Working from its new home at 437 West 200 South, volunteers provide thousands of sack lunches and other resources each month. The program functions under the direction of The Very Reverend Martin Diaz, Rector of The Cathedral of the Madeleine. The Good Samaritan Program relies on the generous support of its benefactors and the many volunteers who staff the program's services.
Become a Volunteer for The Good Samaritan Program
Door host shifts are:
- Monday through Friday: 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM & 1:00PM - 4:00PM
- Saturday: 8:00AM - 9:30AM & 1:00PM - 4:00PM
- Sunday: 10:00AM - 1:00PM & 1:00PM - 4:00PM
Door hosts must be trained by experienced Door Host before taking a shift. Please contact Kimmy Shore #801-580-5154
- Shifts are flexible.
- Please contact Kimmy Shore to volunteer. Call #801-328-5633
- Community-service volunteers need to bring identification and court documentation of their case.
Support Good Samaritan Program
For over thirty years, The Good Samaritan Program has been serving the less fortunate in our community 365 days a year. By providing a meal, referrals, personal care items and direct assistance to those in need, we have been a vital source of nourishment and stability for those who come to our door.
Thank You to Our Partners!
- The Bishop’s Storehouse for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- Utah Food Bank
- R. Harold Burton Foundation
- UBS Bank
- America First Credit Union
- King Family Foundation
- The Meldrum Foundation
- Rocky Mountain Power Foundation